Brownie Points

  In my bid to continue to evolve and explore new avenues for my life, I decided that this season of my life will include volunteering to help out on various committees, taking leadership on different causes, and just generally challenging myself to go beyond my comfort zone.

So when the "Wellness Committee" chairperson  emailed to say they needed help for the upcoming fundraiser, I looked at the list of things that needed doing, and decided that button making was something I could manage.


Something I could manage?  What was I thinking?  Button making requires reading instructions and figuring out what part of the button goes where and when to add the little thingies and whazzits that make up the buttons.

Time to call in the experts.  One of my spiritual gifts is calling on experts to help me out with the projects for which I have volunteered.   And I am fortunate to have people in my life who know how to DO things. It's a perfect combination.
I am not that talented to know how to interpret instructions.  But I have people in my life who like those sorts of challenges.   
They can figure out that Picture A goes with Instruction #1
and that the black button has to line up with the top of the button maker before the lever is pulled down.
I, myself, am very good at holding things.  And organizing them into piles.  And counting them over and over again, to get a different number every time.

For the button project, I happened to be going over to one of these expert's homes for lunch anyways.  She was a good sport and  agreed to help with the project.  "Helping" turned into me standing beside her and talking while she did the work.   She produced a quality product that will no doubt raise a bucket load of money.  Oh, and she gave me containers to put them in, so I will get even more brownie points for being so organized.



These "Hello My Name Is Awesome" were my favourites.  I sorted through the papers to find as many of those as I could.  They were AWESOME!
I thought of several people I would like to send them to.  But I didn't because I would have had to pay for them!  Haha.  I am done with the days when I buy back all the product I volunteered to make/bring.

I did enough of that at all those Silent Auctions I organized when the kids were in school.

At the end of several happy hours where I talked the ear off my expert, while she did all the work, we packed up the box and delivered it to the Chairperson.

And I collected the Brownie Points. After all that's what it's all about isn't it?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wouldn't have missed it for the world

Freedom