Pinterest Resolutions
New Year. New Beginnings. New Chances. Yes, it's that time again. Time to review and renew. Time to yearn for the unexpected, the unattainable, the unimaginable.
Some time ago, I determined not to make resolutions. However, this year, I caved. My husband and I made a game of it. What did we want to see in 2015? What were some of our dreams and ambitions? We brainstormed. And then we wrote them down.
Late in 2014, I found a binder in which I had written down thoughts about themed birthday parties, filed interesting articles on household organization and finances, as well as cataloguing internet courses I had taken. Also included in this binder were lists of Christmas presents for everyone from teachers to co-workers and family[starting in 1993 - and abandoned by 2006], menus for special occasions, recipes for various fun items, and inspirations for making gift baskets [one of my early yearnings was to start a 'Send A Basket' company]. I told my husband that this binder represented a diary of sorts - it was interesting to look back and see various things I had tried (and never done again) - as well as the ideas I posted to give myself some motivation to become better at mothering, and managing the household. [Nowadays, I suppose this binder would have been a Pinterest Board or two.]
It was into this binder that we inserted our goals for 2015. We decided to write down things that may seem impossible and improbable, as well as those dreams we could attain fairly easily. I have a hopeful theory that writing it down might make it so.
We came up with 17. Here are a few of them:
In the meantime, I have been having fun going through the binder and re-visiting ideas I had over a decade ago. I may be needing them soon. I hear that grammas need to know how to make Koolaid Playdough and Jello Wigglies when their grand dollies come to visit.
Some time ago, I determined not to make resolutions. However, this year, I caved. My husband and I made a game of it. What did we want to see in 2015? What were some of our dreams and ambitions? We brainstormed. And then we wrote them down.
Late in 2014, I found a binder in which I had written down thoughts about themed birthday parties, filed interesting articles on household organization and finances, as well as cataloguing internet courses I had taken. Also included in this binder were lists of Christmas presents for everyone from teachers to co-workers and family[starting in 1993 - and abandoned by 2006], menus for special occasions, recipes for various fun items, and inspirations for making gift baskets [one of my early yearnings was to start a 'Send A Basket' company]. I told my husband that this binder represented a diary of sorts - it was interesting to look back and see various things I had tried (and never done again) - as well as the ideas I posted to give myself some motivation to become better at mothering, and managing the household. [Nowadays, I suppose this binder would have been a Pinterest Board or two.]
It was into this binder that we inserted our goals for 2015. We decided to write down things that may seem impossible and improbable, as well as those dreams we could attain fairly easily. I have a hopeful theory that writing it down might make it so.
We came up with 17. Here are a few of them:
- Help with wedding costs [We have one coming up for our youngest son]
- Read [I want to get back to this lost art]
- Golf [we both might try this one]
- Work on trains [this was my husband's idea]
- Get new living room furniture [I see a really comfortable, classy arrangement]
- Get counters for the kitchen [I added a sink to this one - would love to have one that is actually in the kitchen]
- Get farm status [And thus reduce property tax - which would help with #1]
It will be interesting to see what all comes to fruition at the end of 2015.
In the meantime, I have been having fun going through the binder and re-visiting ideas I had over a decade ago. I may be needing them soon. I hear that grammas need to know how to make Koolaid Playdough and Jello Wigglies when their grand dollies come to visit.
Koolaid Playdough (from the Kraft Canada Website)
1 cup flour
1/2 cup salt
1 env. (0.13 oz. to 0.23 oz.) KOOL-AID Unsweetened Drink Mix, any flavor
2 tsp. cream of tartar
1 cup water
1 Tbsp. oil
1 cup flour
1/2 cup salt
1 env. (0.13 oz. to 0.23 oz.) KOOL-AID Unsweetened Drink Mix, any flavor
2 tsp. cream of tartar
1 cup water
1 Tbsp. oil
MIX first 4 ingredients in medium saucepan until blended.
Stir in water and oil. COOK on medium heat 5 min. or until mixture forms ball,
stirring frequently. TRANSFER to plate; cool slightly. Store in resealable
plastic bag or airtight container. IMPORTANT NOTE: KOOL-AID Play Dough is not
intended for consumption.
Comments