Winner, Winner, Chicken [or Snowman] Dinner

As we were planning programs for December, I asked the question that was hanging in the air.  "Are we going to do a door decorating contest this year?|
Grande. Silence.

We have 'always' done a door decorating contest.  Then it got to be that 'one more thing' that people did not want to put on their list of things to do for Christmas.
Bah. Humbug.

So, when someone asked if I wanted to organize it, I had a quick meeting with myself, and I said yes.
And then I went into high gear becoming Santa's head elf.
Mostly, I hired other elves to do the work for me.  These elves came in the form of volunteers who come each week to help enhance our programs.
I asked some to cover the doors of the people who agreed to enter the contest.
Check.  
Then I asked others to cut out the shapes for my door.
Check.
Still others agreed to help take the pictures of the doors and create the 'voting poster' complete with a baggie for stickers for the voters to choose their favourite door.
Check.
Even better, one of the volunteers finished decorating a couple of the doors which still hadn't been finished by the deadline.  
Check.

The voting began today.  
The winners will have a ribbon put on their door by Friday.

Here's a the door - done by the Rehab Staff.  [That's their handprints!]

I found my idea on the internet, one day when I was mucking about on different sites, looking for easy-to-do Christmas decorations and gifts.
I was so excited about the simplicity of it, that when I emailed myself at work to remind me what it was I had planned, I couldn't resist a little message.
It read:
"You are definitely going to win!"
And I  was so encouraged by my own message that I just might. [Win that is]
Either way, the spirit of the season has been enlisted by our work team, and I consider it to have been a successful venture.
Check.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I definitely think you are going to win!

Popular posts from this blog

Wouldn't have missed it for the world

Freedom