Christmas Cheer
I didn't have it on my list to do today, but in the blink of an eye, I found myself mucking around making a Christmas arrangement in this VERY large vase which I bought several years ago. At the front, you will see thee poinsettias and the red flowers, which I bought for a fabulous discount at a Big Box Store which was going out of business (is it any wonder when the regular price for each piece was 20$?!)
I spent the better part of the morning and some of the afternoon working with the tableau. In the middle of the project, a friend came by to collect some items we were getting selling and saw me looking up at the evergreen tree longingly. It was the kind of look I wanted, but I didn't have a ladder handy. He offered to help me out and soon, I had the base. After I did as much as I could, I realized I didn't have enough product to make it effective.
Serendipitously, my daughter and I were going on a Mother-Daughter date to our favourite Christmas store for the afternoon. I found the red hydrangeas and the sparkly Christmas picks. The lady at the till knows me from many years ago when our kids were in pre-school together. She whispered to me that she could offer me a 35% discount on the flowers.
I gratefully accepted.
When I got home, I placed them in the empty spots, and Voila! A Christmas arrangement we can enjoy for the season. Of course it will look the best on this first day of it's appearance, but I think we will enjoy it none the less!
P.S. The cat wore herself out jumpin in and out of the small Christmas trees and jumping up to try and pop the evergreen branches down so she could bite them. We might not need the TV for entertainment for the rest of the season.
Comments