The Visitor
It was a beautiful summer's evening.
My husband and I were inside, happily ensconced in relaxation - tea and goodies in hand.
The quiet evening was interrupted when the dog began barking non-stop.
Neither one of us wanted to move from our respective spots.
However, Henrik has a very loud bark and we have small neighbours next door.
They go to bed long before we do.
Finally after several minutes of hoping the barking would stop, I decided to go investigate.
I got up and went to the door and reprimanded the dog for his noisy outburst.
And then I looked closer.
And then I looked closer.
No wonder he was barking!
A blue heron had parked itself on the barn roof, apparently with the intention to catch some of the frogs that were in the newly cleaned-out pond that my husband had dug last year.
I called my husband to come, see.
Then I ran to get the camera,
tip-toed outside and took this picture.
The heron didn't move.
tip-toed outside and took this picture.
The heron didn't move.
Then I checked the picture and saw the results of taking it into the sun.
Not good.
So I tip-toed around the willow tree to get a better view.
It was a good job I had taken the first picture.
The heron flew away.
I consoled myself that perhaps I could re-touch the only photo I have to prove this story.
Comments