Accordionation

 One day, when I was coming out of the grocery store, I saw this guy with his accordion singing to no one in particular.

I had to take a picture to send to my son, because one of our favourite movies is "Ishtar" - a movie that not many people have watched and fewer people enjoyed.
In it, two of the musicians compose this song:

Telling the truth can be dangerous business; / Honest and popular don't go hand in hand. / If you admit that you play the accordion, / No one will hire you in a rock 'n' roll band. / But we can sing out hearts out. / And if we're lucky, then no neighbors complain. / Because life is the way we audition for God; / Let us pray that we all get the job.

As a family, we often quote that line "If you admit that you play the accordion, You'll never make it in a rock and roll band"...and then "BUT YOU CAN SINNNNNGGGGGG YOUR Heart out"

It is the stuff that family legends are made of.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wouldn't have missed it for the world

Freedom