New Mercies I see
"Morning by morning, new mercies I see....."
What does this line mean? I have been pondering this for months.
Some days, seeing mercies takes effort. Life has a way of beating you up.
Those are the times when a deliberate choice has to be made to see the mercies and appreciate them.
Any time that I feel sorry for myself, I only have to look around a little bit and see that I have many measures of mercies.
Mercies of nature are never far away. Even in the colder seasons, there is beauty.
Sometimes it is the unexpected message of mercy that makes me stop in my tracks. Like the day I saw this leaf hanging from a spider's web. One thin strand holding up a whole leaf. It reminded me that although I feel that I am hanging by a thread, there is enough strength to see me through to the end.
There are other days where the mercies are shown in the shared experiences. Like the day we went to see the soccer game, and it was so foggy, we couldn't make out the players. But the red tree shone through the mist. And our team won. So we got to go and celebrate with ice cream.
And then there are days, when the mercies bring a smile to my face. Like driving by these hay bales made into Minions. The creativity of our neighbours and the willingness to share the humour made the drive home worth the trip.
"Morning by morning, new mercies I see".......
"Lord, give me eyes to see them"





Comments