It Must Be My Magnetic Personality
Not too long ago, I was having a dream that he was ruffling my hair. Usually I like it when he ruffles my hair, but in my dream, it was causing me much consternation. Every time he ruffled, a part of my body became paralyzed. It started with my feet. I couldn't move them. Then it moved up my legs. Soon, all my appendages were paralyzed.
I. Could. Not. Move.
[I don't know what was really happening as I was sleeping. Perhaps, I was getting embroiled in my bed covers. Maybe I had myself wrapped up in a roll and that's why I couldn't move.]
Panic set in. I was desperately trying to feel my feet. My arms. Anything!
Nothing.
My arms. Couldn't move them.
And still the ruffling of my hair went on.
I thought
I was going
to die.
Then I realized that I could still move my lips.
Perhaps, I could yell and stop the process of becoming paralyzed.
So. I. Did. "AHHHH!" I yelled.
My husband, sleeping beside me, and blissfully unaware of the terrible dream I was having, was suddenly awakened to hear his wife yell.
He did the only thing that a supportive husband would do.
He reached over to ruffle her hair.
When he ruffled my hair, the illusion that I was going to be paralyzed for life became that much more real in my dream. I only had one option open to me, since I couldn't feel the rest of my body.
This time, I really screamed.
Louder and longer.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
My husband, who in a half-sleep state, had heard his wife's 'AHHH" and attempted to calm her down by ruffling her hair, was now fully awakened, and completely spooked by the screaming.
"WHAT'S GOING ON?????????!!!!!!" he yelled.
"You are messing with my magnetic field!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I yelled back.
"Never do that again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" he yelled. I could feel his rapid heart rate through the blankets.
I don't think he will try ruffling my hair in his sleep again.........and good news, my magnetic field is back to normal.
Comments
JC