Fitness


  • Today I decided to write a post and went to my 'Drafts folder'.  I perused the various options for topics which I started and never finished.  Of all the choices, "Fitness" caught my eye.  
  • I decided I would edit and then post all my wise thoughts on Fitness.  [It might be worth mentioning that I  started this post over a year ago]  I pressed "EDIT" and found the body of the post was empty.




  • Maybe it's just my cracked sense of humour but I found it quite amusing that I had written


N.O.T.H.I.N.G. on Fitness.

What doesthatsayaboutmythoughtson fitness?

  • That I have none? 
  • That I am so motivated to become fit, I simply cannot find the time to blog about it?
  • I tend to find more enjoyment in talking about other things?
  • That I can no longer remember what I was going to say about fitness?  (Probably closest)


So I start again.


  • When I was in high school, I obsessed over my diet.  My diary was filled with a list of food I had consumed and how many calories each item was.  I strove to exercise as much as I could.   I remember many mornings when I got up early to jog or exercise in front of the tv. I don't know that it did me any good.  I never got to my 'goal weight' and it didn't make me look like the supermodels I longed to emulate.  I just looked like me.  At some point I decided to stop trying so hard.  It was an exercise in futility.

  • It's not that I have no interest in health and fitness. I think about it every day. I evaluate food choices that I make.  I keep track of getting out to walk.  I try simple things like parking farther away from my destination so I can get more steps in.  I also see the results of health 'events' such as strokes every day at my work.  When I look down the road, I hope to have good health be part of my long-term history.  

  • When it comes to health and fitness, however, I have decided that I will err on the side of moderation. I am determined to enjoy what I eat, and not obsess about it.   I watch what I eat:     - sometimes by looking at the nutrition information on the sides of packages and choosing better options    -   and sometimes by watching the food that I enjoy go right into my mouth.  


  • I am equally determined to get my butt (sorry Mom) out the door on a regular basis and get some walking in or do some raking, or gardening or something that gets my body moving.
  • My model is my dog.  He doesn't obsess about having to exercise a certain amount of time a day.  But he also never  whines about walks - and he will ALWAYS go with me, and obviously loves every minute of it.  And he NEVER worries about what he eats.    That's the kind of fitness and health life I want to have. 
  •  Please pass the Toblerone.  I need to eat a piece before I go.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wouldn't have missed it for the world

Freedom