Giving Thanks

It is Thanksgiving Monday.  Time for my annual foray into a recounting of the cornucopia of blessings I enjoy.  I cannot start the list without thinking of our final move to The Pokeaway, which happened three years ago today.  So many changes have happened in the house and around the property, but I now feel at




We enjoy so many fringe benefits that don't cost anything.  Sunsets, birdsong, neighbours who wave when we pass each other on our walk-abouts.



I have been blessed with cupboards (INSTALLED!) which are new to us, but have been reconfigured to fit our space.  I cannot even begin to describe how much simpler my life has become to have drawers to open and close, and shelves to store pots and pans.  I love the colour as it makes my kitchen bright and cheery and a welcoming place to prepare and clean up meals.


An added bonus is the Butler Pantry and small dishwasher which surprisingly holds lots of dishes and makes my life so efficient, since I can put away the every-day dishes by standing in one place
and passing the pans and kitchen items through the pass through.  



 We have had so many occasions to celebrate this year.  Graduation from high school for our last-born.  The back-to-school ads made me do a happy dance in the late summer.  I am glad to say that I do not miss the school scene one bit.



Another occasion we celebrated was our daughter's graduation.  I am grateful that she is finding work in her chosen field and is able to use her skill-set to further her career.


I also loved taking time in the summer to enjoy the extreme beauty in our area. Impromptu trips to the lake or the ocean always make me feel like I've been away on vacation.


This year was the first year I had enough flowers from my garden to make arrangements.  This brought me joy on many occasions.

I am also grateful to have celebrated 25 years of marriage.   


And of course, the sweet memories of our daughter's wedding are brought out often from the treasure box and enjoyed. 



"Thanks for roses by the wayside,
Thanks for thorns their stems contain!
Thanks for home and thanks for fireside,
Thanks for hope, that sweet refrain!
Thanks for joy and thanks for sorrow,
Thanks for heav’nly peace with Thee!
Thanks for hope in the tomorrow,

Thanks through all eternity!"

Comments

Anonymous said…
Lots of blessings aren't there! You do a good job of capturing them in your blogs. Thank you!
JC

Popular posts from this blog

Wouldn't have missed it for the world

Freedom