Silver Celebration

One of the many celebrations we have experienced this year was our 25th anniversary.  I remember attending a few of my Aunts' and Uncles'25th anniversaries - and they were big events - a small hall was rented, there were speeches and dancing and lots of food and drink.  I thought it seemed unreal that these people had been married for more than half their life.  I couldn't imagine it ever happening to me.  And suddenly there it was.  Our Silver Anniversary.

 The days of celebrating such a grand occasion with a party as big as your wedding are gone.  Mostly now, these get marked by a casual party - sometimes at the couple's house.
We decided to mark it in a couple of ways - a private dinner with my husband and me at a restaurant of my choosing (I had a coupon) - and then the family invited us to a dinner at my 
in-law's place a few days later.

We enjoyed our meal out.  It happened to be at a restaurant that my husband had designed so he kept us amused by going over the design and what they had changed in the course of seven years. 
I also read him my blog post about being married for 25 years and of course I cried.  But he thought that was cute (isn't that great that he thinks me crying over sentimental things is still cute after all these years).
When we arrived at the farm for the family party, the table was beautifully decorated, the food prepared, and then one by one, our most precious assets joined us - our family.  All we had to do was sit and enjoy.  Which we did.

The food was delicious.  BBQ chicken, salad, buns, veggies 
and home made cake and cupcakes for dessert.

There were even presents to unwrap.  I was most impressed with the aluminum foil wrapping and the duct tape ribbon that my mother-in-law decorated the package that held two "Silver Anniversary" cups and saucers and matching creamer and sugar bowl.  The lengths some people go to to make you feel special!

We got an original photo print from our #1 son, a secret key holder from our daughter and our #2 son gave us a gift card for another dinner out.  We went home, feeling completely spoiled and grateful that we had such great people with whom to celebrate this momentous occasion.

Oh, and did I mention, that I'm getting my third ring to complete my wedding band set? (that's from my husband).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wouldn't have missed it for the world

Freedom