Keep Right on To the End of the Road
When we first began our adventure at
The Pokeaway, the drive to get there seemed long.
It is only 10 minutes from the nearest Costco,
but for many of my drives out there,
there was a certain spot on the trip where I began to question
whether I had missed the turn off.
And then a few kilometers later, there it was.
If I just stayed on the road, and didn't panic,
the turn off would appear,
and soon, I would arrive at home.
I find myself doing a mental check each time I travel this road.
"Remember?
This is the spot in the road, where you feel like
you're never going to get there.
Stay on the road, and soon enough, you'll see the turn off".
This internal conversation has happened in my head for four years.
And then a couple of weeks ago,
I saw this sign posted beneath the speed limit sign.
I just had to jump out and take a picture of it. It's just so perfect!
And then I began to think of the metaphor I see in this sign.
So many times in my journey,
I have thought
"I must have taken the wrong road."
"I must have missed the turn off."
"I will never get to my destination."
But if I just stay the course;
if I just keep going, and don't stop or turn around,
it won't be long before I reach my destination.
.jpg)
Comments