Dilemma


Love this look.  Clean, bright, modern with a touch of old world.  




Love this look too.  
Love the floors.  Love the water coming out from the stove.  Love the butcher block.  
Oh and this one:
Clean and bright.  Love the bead board.  

Although these three looks are fabulous, they don't fit our budget at all.  
We have had three or four kitchen cabinet guys in and all have given different quotes - also out of our budget.  So, for months now, I have been scouring the online sales - searching for "Kitchen cabinets", hoping to find something that will suit our purposes.

Here are some of the current choices:

The size may be right, but I don't like the cabinet look at all.  

Or this:


There are lots of these - seems solid oak isn't what it used to be and lots of people are 'upgrading'. 
"Upgrading" is not something I can relate to because for three years, I have had a pseudo-kitchen - housing my kitchen wares in a mix of this locker and Rubbermaid containers (although recently, I upgraded to an armoire to hide my stuff, which I liked way better).
Then a few weeks ago, I saw an ad for a kitchen which might fit our budget and our floor plan.  So I sent the link to my husband.  He and I made a date out of going to check it out, and decided that the cabinets would be workable into our layout.  We  made an offer, she countered and we accepted.  
Now, the work begins.  There's painting and restoring to do.  I have decided that it is the cupboards that need to be painted, not the colour of my kitchen that needs to be changed, to accommodate the new addition.  I love, love, love the colour of my kitchen.  It makes me happy.  Painting the cupboards ( a shade of the kitchens that I just pointed out to you)  will be a bigger job, but I think in the end, I will be happier.  Cupboards are something I will have to see every day  - I'd rather be content with them, than wish I hadn't repainted my kitchen to avoid the time and cost of re-doing the cupboards.

There is a time crunch however....
  
Did I mention we are hosting a wedding in six weeks?  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wouldn't have missed it for the world

Freedom