Pleasant Dreams

It's been seven years since I have seen this boat in person, and yet in my dreams, I often hop in take myself across the lake, to enjoy a virtual trip to the Island.  It is the stuff that dreams are made of.  

I love the tranquility.  I love the pace.  You can spend a whole day, mucking about doing various projects - most of them non-essential - such as puzzles and word searches or games.    There are books which visitors have left behind for the next party to read. In between there is kindling to collect and the occasional window-washing venture. There are many trips to the fridge to see if  any munchies have appeared since your last visit. Much of the day is spent walking back and forth to change. Jammies to bathing suits; bathing suits to clothes; clothes to bathing suits; bathing suits to sweats; sweats to bathing suits; bathing suits back to jammies.

Days are spent in and out of the water, at the table, and meal preparation or clean-up in the kitchen.  Evenings are spent watching the sunsets, or cuddling around the fire if it is raining.  
Conversations range from solving all the world's problems (although there doesn't seem to be so many once you arrive at the Island), to figuring out what to have for the next meal or snack. 


The sounds and sights of nature are all around.  One can't help but stop and smell the roses.  Or watch the hummingbird.  Or listen to the song of the bullfrog through the night watches. 

If Earth could hold a little piece of Heaven, I bet this would be it.




Comments

prw/clwl said…
Canadians on their way to heaven stopped at Sanctuary Isle and thought they’d already arrived.

Popular posts from this blog

Wouldn't have missed it for the world

Freedom