Impromptu Date
I moved heaven and earth and off we went. It was a beautiful day.
We meandered (careened - my husband doesn't believe in using brakes through mountain passes) up the highway, and came to the little town which hosted the 2010 Olympics.

There were lots of shops and even more shop owners who were happy to chat about the nice weather and try to locate products I was on the look out for. One shop owner even left her doors open later than the posted closing time, and let me wander around looking at all the cool kitchenware while she did some paper work.
This dog was waiting for its owner to finish up dinner and drinks on the patio above him. I thought it was convenient that the dog was waiting beside the fire hydrant.
I went back to the pizza joint where my husband and I had enjoyed our anniversary dinner a few years before. I got a piece of ham and pineapple, and looked through the travel brochure. I spent some time mentally calculating how many second mortgages I would have to get to cover the cost of an ATV trip up the mountain or a Swedish massage for two.
Then I went back to the hotel and set myself up in a corner with my computer. It gave me the perfect opportunity to look like I was working, while watching all the hotel patrons wandering around in their robes after visiting the hotel pool, and listening to the hockey game, and enjoying the wafting flavours of dinner served at the hotel restaurant. Not too long after that, my husband came and found me. We did a little more wandering around the town and then we got back in the vehicle, came home and slept in our own bed. It was a lovely date. Let me know when you want to go again, hon!

Comments