Covering the Bases
A week before Valentine's Day, I saw these roses and just couldn't resist buying them. I spent a happy afternoon arranging them. Then I put them on the table, and walked away, and then walked back into the dining room to suprise myself again with the bouquet. When my husband came in the door and saw the roses, he was impressed with how thoughtful he had been to buy his wife roses a full week before Valentine's Day.
He got lots of brownie points.
Valentine's Day is one that I treasure. I like having my family around me - it gives me a chance to celebrate all my loved ones in one place. I could hardly wait for it to arrive. The day came and as I explained here, I set up for our family dinner. I had fun wrapping all the presents and making a special meal. Since I wanted to keep costs down, I each gift to 5$ average.
I got a CD for my husband - 50's/60's music - I held off getting the more expensive ones that he had pointed out a few weeks earlier - I just couldn't justify the extra 3$.
I admit, I felt a little bad about being so frugal, when he walked in the door and I found these flowers at my place - It was the 25th anniversary of his asking me to marry him, and he hadn't forgotten - or held back on getting me really good product. He didn't put them in a vase - because he knows that I like to play flower designer - and I spent the evening in my happy place, arranging them in one of the containers I had got from my flower design course.
To top it off, he gave me a beautiful heart-shaped necklace in this little box from one of the local jewellers.
Yes, I was totally spoiled.
And I loved it.
Next year, I'll get him two CDs.




Comments