Love is in the Air


 I have been working on a Family Valentine's Celebration.  I invited all my family to come.  So far they have all said yes.  It remains to be seen whether they all turn up.  We have a strict time frame because there's other commitments to be attended to by certain members.  We have Only an hour.  So it all has to be ready to go, the minute they all arrive.

Several weeks ago, I ran across a great deal on Ferrero Rocher - so I bought the whole 16-lot of three per package.  It's a good job that I bought 16 because 4 of them have evaporated since then.  I plan to put one set at each place.  Then I set out to buy what might amount to a wee stocking stuffer for each person.  They aren't big, but it is something for them to open up and enjoy - there's a CD,  a travel pack to use for packing travel-sized shampoo, soap and toothpaste, a frame, some Maple Syrup, some hairspray, a package of "Terry's Chocolate", and a vase for someone to try out their newly-minted hobby of flower arranging.  (can you guess who might be the recipient of that?!). 

Finally, I chose the menu.  I decided on Fettucine Alfredo with Shrimp and Chicken add-ons.  A salad, with a viniagrette, jello (family favorite),  some veggies (necessity) and then for dessert, everyone gets sugar cookies.  Some of my family just like plain sugar cookies.  Not me.  As a compromise, I left the little ones plain and decorated the rest. 


I am posting them for your enjoyment - and so you can have a virtual snack.  This on is one of the "ooopsies" of the decorating spree.  I put each name on a large cookie and this one didn't turn out. 






There was only one thing to do with it. 


I tried again with these ones. I liked them better.




These ones turned out spectacular, in my humble opinion.  And it was all my own idea.  No Pintrest needed. 
 
I have had a great time planning this party.  I hope they enjoy it.  If not, I have enjoyed it enough for everyone. It's what love is all about.

Comments

Deb said…
You're inspiring!!
Deb said…
Hence...the Blog name :)
Marni said…
Thanks, Deb! It was a good night for all.
clwl said…
Marn, I have a box of 12 F. R.'s sitting on a special stand on the bookcase in our entry hall.
I walk by it and INHALE deeply ;-)

I think you are "more than clever" to have come up with the ECG across the hearts!!! What a fantastic idea...

What ideas can you give for "85" or for "Wood Lily" (our emblem flower) , or for Bright Spring Green and Bright Spring Yellow.... my brain is putting together some ideas for an event May 11...

thanks for being inspiring.
xo
clwl

Popular posts from this blog

Wouldn't have missed it for the world

Freedom