Journey to Thanksgiving #5

The Thanksgiving hymns I chose this year for the Special Services, were particularly meaningful to me.  In the programs, there wasn't time to go into why I chose them, but this is the venue right here.  

  This is My Father's World
v.3
This is my Father's world
Oh, let me ne'er forget
That though the wrong seems oft so strong,
God is the Ruler yet.
This is my Father's world,
The battle is not done. 
Jesus, who died, shall be satisfied
And earth and heav'n be one.

Oftentimes, I get discouraged with the here and now.  There are so many sad things that happen - both in world events and in the lives of people whom I love.  I find it so encouraging to know that "the battle is not done".  The story isn't finished.  God is still on the throne.  There will come a day!!!!


Children of the Heavenly Father
v.3 and 4
Neither life nor death shall ever
From the Lord His children sever;
Unto them His grace He showeth,
And their sorrows all He knoweth.


Though He giveth or He taketh,
God His children ne’er forsaketh;
His the loving purpose solely
To preserve them pure and holy.

It is easy to lose sight of the great love God offers His children.  He is acquainted with all our griefs.  And though I don't understand why He 'taketh' or 'giveth', I know that His purposes are loving and nothing can separate me from the love of God.


God Will Take Care of You
v.2 and chorus

Through days of toil when heart doth fail,
God will take care of you;
when dangers fierce your path assail, God will take care of you.

God will take care of you,
through every day, o'er all the way;
he will take care of you, 
God will take care of you.

There are days when my heart fails. How wonderful to know that God's care transcends circumstances. I can count on it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wouldn't have missed it for the world

Freedom