Journey to Thanksgiving #4 "Light at the end of the Tunnel"
I haven't had a bath in three years. I like to say that to people, just to see their reaction. When we moved to The Pokeaway, we made the decision not to put a bathtub in the upstairs bathroom. Our reasoning was that most people like to take a shower and we didn't really need one.
We planned to put one in the ensuite. - What I didn't anticipate was that the ensuite would be three years in the making. Many times during these years, I have bemoaned the fact that I couldn't just hop in the bath when I felt like it. Most of the people who were close to me heard me mumble on more than one occasion "If I had a bathtub, I would be in it right now." I would dream about it sometimes. Bubbles. Candles. A good book. Music. It called to me, but like a butterfly, it eluded me.
Friends offered to let me use their bathtubs. Much as I appreciated it, I could never quite bring myself to call them up and say "Hey, just feel like having a bath. Can I come over?" A.W.K.W.A.R.D.
Up until the middle of this summer there were no walls or floors in there. It was hidden by a veryclassy makeshift curtain which was a tablecloth in another life. During the three years, we used the ensuite as a holding cell for materials, a place to hide Christmas gifts, or junk we didn't want guests to have to look at.
We had planned that the ensuite would be the last room to be finished. However, this plan was changed and suddenly, we were looking for a bathtub and vanity and toilet to put in at the same time as we were entertaining summer guests, and moving furniture in and out of the house to make way for other renovations that were going on.
Can I just say it????? I love my tub. It is so pretty. And deep. And classy looking.
It has taken all summer for this to come to fruition. The tile guy finished tiling last week. It still has to be sealed, but last night, for the first time since we moved here, I ran the bath. It was so delicious. It was relaxing. I loved every minute of it. I had another one tonight. I have named her "Serendipity" - This way, I will be able to say "Yes, I would love to come to your fundraising meeting, but I have a date with Serendipity. So terribly sorry".
Here's a picture of one that is similar to Serendipity. I'd take a picture of the real thing, but I am so relaxed now, I just can't get up off this chair.
We planned to put one in the ensuite. - What I didn't anticipate was that the ensuite would be three years in the making. Many times during these years, I have bemoaned the fact that I couldn't just hop in the bath when I felt like it. Most of the people who were close to me heard me mumble on more than one occasion "If I had a bathtub, I would be in it right now." I would dream about it sometimes. Bubbles. Candles. A good book. Music. It called to me, but like a butterfly, it eluded me.
Friends offered to let me use their bathtubs. Much as I appreciated it, I could never quite bring myself to call them up and say "Hey, just feel like having a bath. Can I come over?" A.W.K.W.A.R.D.
Up until the middle of this summer there were no walls or floors in there. It was hidden by a very
We had planned that the ensuite would be the last room to be finished. However, this plan was changed and suddenly, we were looking for a bathtub and vanity and toilet to put in at the same time as we were entertaining summer guests, and moving furniture in and out of the house to make way for other renovations that were going on.
Can I just say it????? I love my tub. It is so pretty. And deep. And classy looking.
It has taken all summer for this to come to fruition. The tile guy finished tiling last week. It still has to be sealed, but last night, for the first time since we moved here, I ran the bath. It was so delicious. It was relaxing. I loved every minute of it. I had another one tonight. I have named her "Serendipity" - This way, I will be able to say "Yes, I would love to come to your fundraising meeting, but I have a date with Serendipity. So terribly sorry".
Here's a picture of one that is similar to Serendipity. I'd take a picture of the real thing, but I am so relaxed now, I just can't get up off this chair.

Comments