Journey to Thanksgiving #1

Canadian Thanksgiving is just around the corner.  I have been busy at work, getting together some programs to celebrate.  And, as in every year while I'm doing this, I am reminded again of the way gratitude transforms.

So I am starting on a little project of my own. I cannot promise a certain number of posts on this, but I am going to focus on expressing gratitude for the next little while, until we finish eating the turkey dinner!

One of the things I have been most grateful for in the past six weeks is the unprecedented number of dry, sunny days we have had.  It's been a chance for the garden to have another 'go-round' - my hanging baskets which are not stellar by this point of the year, have started a second life.  The poppy which normally blooms in spring, has bloomed again.  Gorgeous.

More than that though, it has meant not having to worry about the furniture being moved in and out while the flooring went down.

Which brings me to my new favourite subject.  The FLOORING!!!!!! So beautiful.  Those of you who have been with me for a while know what this means.  Those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, I will show you!  

Remember this?  



And this?

















How about this?




Well, now, we have this:


and this:






and this! 




After three years of deliberately not looking at the floor, now I can't keep my eyes off it.  I literally feel like it needs me to lie down and hug it and tell it how beautiful it is.  Delicious!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Aw...it is so beautiful. Totally enjoy the moment, bask in it ~~ you have been very patient! <3
Lisa P said…
I'm so excited for you...and how about that floor...wowzers...what a looker! Great choice!

Popular posts from this blog

Wouldn't have missed it for the world

Freedom