If These Walls Could Talk

under our paint job at the front door, my husband painted this tree...

what is on the floor under the carpet?  only the contractor knows...
a love note left from the contractor to the plumber about placement of the fixtures

other directions...what does that arrow mean?

vanity and tiling ready to be put in the ensuite... last time you'll see this plywood flooring

measurements written down for those who know what it means
When we were pulling apart The Pokeaway, we found a lot of hidden stuff.  Most of it was junk.  But every once in a while, there was a message written somewhere that meant something to whoever would find it.  I found that part of our journey endlessly interesting.  It was like a construction geocache.  We have had a few  construction geocaches at The Pokeaway.  I've posted them above.

Another geocache I find interesting, is the piece of door trim that documents the heights of the children at certain ages.  We started out having one of these, but have moved a lot in our married life, so don't have 'that board'.  The other night, I was at a party where the host's children's heights were marked and I had a moment of "Awww ! I wish I could have one of those".  At this point, I'd have to stand on my tip-toes to reach the tops of their heads to mark it on the door frame.

It might be an interesting book to have on a coffee table that had pictures of messages written on raw materials.  Only it won't be me who writes it.  I am just as happy to look at the installed fixtures and the painted walls and know that there were hidden messages there - but I don't have to look at them any more.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wouldn't have missed it for the world

Freedom