Do not try this at home

On my way to work one day, I got very itchy. I thought I was being a hypochondriac. With all the work being done in the house, there were lots of creepy-crawlies but I was sure none had entered the van with me. But when I got to work, I looked in the mirror and sure enough there was bite marks on my neck and shoulders.  I peeled my collar back and a little black something fell on the floor.  I couldn't see where it had dropped, but I felt sure it was the culprit of my bites.  The itchiness continued.  I went to the staff meeting, and continued to scratch (ever so discreetly).  

After the meeting, I showed one of my co-workers the results of the bug's work and said I was paranoid that there were more bugs trying to bite me.  She suggested that I use the industrial dryer we have at work for a few minutes.  "Put it on hot" she said "and it will kill anything in your clothes". I thought this was a good idea.  

Off I went to the laundry room.  All staff members have access to this room - although it requires a key.  Since I wasn't sure where the bugs were hiding, I decided to throw all my clothes into the dryer. I began praying fervently that no other team members would walk in on me - the chances were slim since they were all off on their morning duties, but still, there was a possibility one of them would walk in on me - standing there looking at the dryer with all my clothes inside.

I had never used the industrial dryer before so I looked carefully to see what I needed to do.  I put the clothes in the machine and saw that it had a 'Lock' feature. I pressed the power button......... and heard a 'whooshing'.  

Too late, I realized that I had put all my clothes in the washing machine - not the dryer.  And the door was locked.  And I couldn't find the button to turn it off.  This was a dilemma I had not anticipated.  My prayer life intensified: "Oh Dear God, help me find the button". 


 It took a few minutes but I figured it out.  Once the door was unlocked, I decided that I no longer wanted to try to rid myself of the bugs with the dryer method.  I put all my clothes back on (wet) and went about my work, trying to avoid the questions in my co-workers' eyes.  

Comments

Anonymous said…
Read it twice....laughed both times. Thanks!
JC

Popular posts from this blog

Wouldn't have missed it for the world

Freedom