Transition



A passage of time has come and gone.  
September 4 was my last first day of sending kids to school.  

I  followed him down the street while he was walking towards the bus stop, until he caught me.  
I felt a little sheepish, because his eyes told me that he knew why I was there.  
He graciously let me walk the rest of the way with him.  
And then take my 'last-first'day' picture as he got on the bus.

These moments are cherished in a mother's memory. 
Unfortunately, mothers don't usually have the time or space to sit and soak in reflection.  

The bus had barely rumbled down the street, when the phone rang reminding me I had a dental appointment.  And so, the moment passed. 
 I wiped my eyes and got in the van. 

Comments

Lisa P said…
Oh I'm totally dreading that day. This was a touching post...every school year I get a little sadder as my little ones get a little bigger. I loved how you wrote about it!

Popular posts from this blog

Wouldn't have missed it for the world

Freedom