Mother's Day #1
"Eventually you realize that the reason God didn't always answer your prayers is that He was answering your mom's prayers."... R. Brault
Mother's Day Week is always a fun programming week. I get to design my programs around mothers and read up on all sorts of pertinent information. This year, I had a stroke of genius. For part of the program, I threw out "If mothers were (noun) they would be (fill in type of noun) because (reason why)" to my group and had them fill it in. For your reading pleasure, I am going to let you in on some of my favourites:
Mother's Day Week is always a fun programming week. I get to design my programs around mothers and read up on all sorts of pertinent information. This year, I had a stroke of genius. For part of the program, I threw out "If mothers were (noun) they would be (fill in type of noun) because (reason why)" to my group and had them fill it in. For your reading pleasure, I am going to let you in on some of my favourites:
- If mothers were a vehicle, they'd be a station wagon because the pack a lot of kids around and have to be practical.
- If mothers were a candy, they'd be a sucker because they get suckered into a lot of stuff by children with long eyelashes.
- If mothers were a food, they'd be a marshmallow - hard and crusty on the outside and soft and gooey on the inside.
- If mothers were a flower, they'd be a rose because they are beautiful and there's such a variety of them.
- If mothers were furniture, they'd be a sofa because they are soft and tender and their whole family can lean on them.
- If mothers were money, they'd be a million dollars - worth their weight in gold. Or they'd be a loonie - just a little crazy.
Comments
Makes me start to think.... If mothers were trees, the'd be weeping willows - giving great shade during the heat of day, bowing gently to the storms of life, weeping softly, and providing great rods of discipline.
Well, its amaturish, but a start! Thanks for the inspiration, and making me smile!
Joy
Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!