Work in Progress

We have been in the throes of more upheaval at The Pokeaway.  Since my Dad and brother came to visit, we have had all the baseboards in the upstairs installed and painted.  All the doors are painted and the cubby holes now have entrance doors.  The bathroom was repainted (in case you don't remember you can look here to have a reminder of why) and while we were at it, we move the corner desk out and this one in.  I quite like it.  Mostly because now I will have a filing cabinet at my fingertips instead of the makeshift system I have been using for three years.  YAY!
Another thing I am proud of it that I hooked up the computer myself.
My husband has been extraordinarily busy and hasn't had a time frame where he could crawl under the desk and hook up the cords from the printer or the monitor, or the sound system.  So I asked myself, and I said yes.  I followed the colour patterns on the cords and matched them to the ones on the hard drive.  And I am proud to say that the majority of them worked out in my favour.


Granted, it is not perfect yet.  I couldn't get the speaker system figured out. But I will tell him that I didn't finish it because I want him to think I still need him around.  

There's still some organizing to do, as you can see from the pictures.  And we have the prodigal son returning tonight, so as soon as I finish this post, I am back to the drawing board (as they say) or the mother board as the case may be.  I want him to be impressed with what a techno-genius his mother is.

Comments

Becky said…
Looks great!!! and I am impressed about the cord connections! Yah for the female brain and determination! On all those other days, it is nice to have a guy to do it!
Anonymous said…
What a cute spot for a desk...I love nooks! Way to go with the chords...my patience is depleted after I locate two!

Popular posts from this blog

Wouldn't have missed it for the world

Freedom