Contracts
I was feeling a little panicky a few weeks ago. My brother and Dad were coming to visit. It would be the first time my Dad had seen The Pokeaway since he was out to visit a couple of years back. At that time, there were no walls inside the house, and the siding was just going on. Even though there had been a lot of changes, there were certain things I wanted cleaned up before he got here. One of them was the paint job in my son's room. We had left it unfinished for several months. Every time I thought about getting out the brushes and rollers, a great fatigue overtook me. I have painted SO much in the house and a re-do was more than I could manage. The other big job was the repainting of the bathroom. I had used a paint which was sub-par and even though I tried to fix the job (five times) it never righted itself and again, I defaulted to leaving it be. There were even parts of the bathroom that hadn't even been painted. I had made an attempt to finish it off and had wrecked my very best brush in the process so I'd given up. But it didn't make the bathroom look any better. And my Dad was coming, so it needed to be done. Not that my Dad would care so much, but I wanted to leave a good impression. That's when I had a brilliant idea. I would sign up for the 'Rent a Husband' program. I asked at the local paint store for a recommendation for the painting job I had available. It turned out to be serendipitous. The 'Rent a Husband' was available that week, and within two days, the bathroom was finished and my son's room was sporting "Stone" on the walls.

I decided I liked the "Rent a Husband" program. So I hired him to come again after my Dad and brother left to install the baseboards and paint them. This time it took a few more days, but now it is done. It makes me happy to walk up the stairs and see (and smell) freshly installed and fully painted baseboards and doors and trims. SOOOOO HAPPY!
The 'Rent a Husband' program went so well, that within the same time period, I signed up for the 'Rent a Son' program. A local college was having a work day to raise money for a missions project. So I rented two sons for the day. They drove out to The Pokeaway for the day and helped us with various projects - such as taking out fence posts, gathering up old blackberry bushes and taking them to the burn pile, and helping to get the flower gardens ready for the spring. In between, I fed them pancake breakfast and grilled cheese sandwich lunch. I am addicted. Today, I am going to try and find the 'Rent a Mother' program. I need some housework done.
Comments