Walking in a Postcard
There are days when I head out for a walk, that I feel like I'm walking in a postcard. The scenery is so spectacular.
The road along the dike goes for miles. Each time I head out, there's a decision to be made. How far will I walk? Some days, I am very energetic - although I've never made it past the blue barn.
No matter which way I look, I am astounded by the gorgeous views.
Mountains to the north.
The water follows the path all the way along.

Puppy always is a willing companion. When we get past the bridge where the troll lives, I let him off the leash. He goes exploring and I keep walking. Every once in a while, he turns around to see where I am and bounds back to me. I give him lots of recognition for making sure I'm ok and off he goes again.
Once I've turned around to go home, he comes with me, and before we have to pass the troll again, I put him on the leash so there's no trouble.
We walk back towards the main road and under the trestle.
The road has an interesting patina from all the work they did on the water mains.

We go by the beaver dam, and look for the beaver. At this time of the year, he's probably still keeping warm somewhere other than the top of the water. One day last summer when we went by, the beaver did a belly flop into the water and we felt the splash all the way to the road where we were standing.

About 600 mor meters and we see The Pokeaway. No matter where you've been, it's always good to come home.
The road along the dike goes for miles. Each time I head out, there's a decision to be made. How far will I walk? Some days, I am very energetic - although I've never made it past the blue barn.
No matter which way I look, I am astounded by the gorgeous views. Mountains to the north.
The water follows the path all the way along.

Puppy always is a willing companion. When we get past the bridge where the troll lives, I let him off the leash. He goes exploring and I keep walking. Every once in a while, he turns around to see where I am and bounds back to me. I give him lots of recognition for making sure I'm ok and off he goes again.
![]() |
| The troll bridge |
We walk back towards the main road and under the trestle.
The road has an interesting patina from all the work they did on the water mains. 
We go by the beaver dam, and look for the beaver. At this time of the year, he's probably still keeping warm somewhere other than the top of the water. One day last summer when we went by, the beaver did a belly flop into the water and we felt the splash all the way to the road where we were standing.

About 600 mor meters and we see The Pokeaway. No matter where you've been, it's always good to come home.





Comments