Strokes of Genius

 Lacking inspiration, and with a time crunch looming, I wander around the house hoping that by some miracle, I will look at the stove and find something cooking itself. 

No luck.

I open the pantry and peer in at the recipe books. 
 I have quite a few to choose from, but since

not
one
of
them
rips a page from themselves
to give me tonight's menu,
I close the door again with a sigh.

 
What to do, what to do? 

I consider taking a page from my daughter's trick book.
  She looks up recipes
online,
using her phone.
Then she multi-tasks. 
She talks on the phone,
using a headphone,
while following the recipe she's found at
"Recipes R Us". 

Uploading a recipe on my phone may take more time than I have.  I need something
faster
 than 3 GB can offer me. 
My husband has just phoned to say he is on his way home. 
I have about twenty minutes
to roll out a meal. 

Then I remember the computer.  I can look up recipes with the best of them. 
I find a site that promises to make a recipe for me out of three ingredients that I have on hand.  I even have a choice of recipes.  I pick this one.  Mmmm...looks delicious.   
I think about printing it out. 
But I am in the living room, and it's such a


long



 
way
upstairs

to the printer. 

Then I have a stroke of genius. 
I take a picture of the screen with my phone. 

 Then I take the phone to the kitchen and press "Zoom"
so I can actually read the recipe and dinner practically makes itself.


Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh my word that is brilliantly hilarious!! That recipe looks delish...how did it turn out? I may take a photo of my computer screen showing your phone screen because my printer is likewise wayyyyy too far away...:)))
Marni said…
It turned out soooo good! mmm. kraftcanada.ca. Of course I didn't have half the ingredients so I made most of it up (like using a Epicure THAI spice instead of the dressing they suggested). But the peanuts on top were a lovely touch and I had a 1/2 cup of them left from some other failed project :) Thanks for your comment. I'm enjoying your blog.

Popular posts from this blog

Wouldn't have missed it for the world

Freedom