Good News Stories

I like good news stories. They light up the world in the midst of dark news.  This week, I ran across two - both of which brought a tear to my eye.  I am posting the links here so you can enjoy them too. 
One is a story of the Calgary girl who won 60 000$ for Habitat for Humanity by writing an essay on "Home".  She was born in Ethiopia ( a place close to my heart) and was adopted by a Canadian family.  She expresses herself so well, and I love at the end when she says her thank yous.
 
http://www.cbc.ca/video/news/audioplayer.html?clipid=2189828430

The other is a love story - a man who wanted to propose to his girlfriend in a very romantic way. He got WestJet involved and 50 of the passengers on the flight. I have never met this man, but I was so impressed with the thought he put into how to express his love for this lady.

http://www.chilliwacktimes.com/story.html?id=6092026

Comments

susan said…
I love when people do something so unexpected!
clwl said…
thanks for these inspirations, Marn.
I've forwarded the radio URL to Baharzof; I got a kick out of the World's most fabulous Wedding, which was a link on a side tab....Boy you could spend a lot of time watching/listening to really interesting and inspiring stuff!!!

Thanks so much for pointing them out.

Thanks for so many VARIOUS topics. It's like a skip through a field of so very many different kinds of, and colours of, flowers.

thanks for the bouquets!!

clwl

Popular posts from this blog

Wouldn't have missed it for the world

Freedom