A Look Back
I was thinking about this post the other day. I haven't looked at it since I posted it, but I wanted to know what I'd written and how I'd done.
Things I wanted to do in 2011 and how it worked:
11. Go for more walks. Yes, I definitely went for more walks. It was one of my favourite things to do with my friends who came to visit. Especially since we have a dike to walk along, that makes you feel like you are walking inside of a postcard.
10. Get organized. Hmm..well, I'm not sure about this one. I have organized a lot of things. I think I should have been more specific. One of the differences between now and then, is that I have more of a feel for how to make things work here at The Pokeaway.
09. Make a difference. I think I made a difference. Especially at my work. Using music to connect with people, is an easy way to make a difference - even if it is just in giving people opportunities to have new and interesting experiences.
08. Keep track. I suppose the main way I kept track was by blogging. I have become more aware of being aware - stopping to enjoy the view rather than just passing through - and then passing it onto others -whether in picture mode, or verbal mode.
07. Give back. This is an area where I could always use a little more impetus.
06. Use up what's in the fridge. Hmmm...based on what I found in there tonight, I think I could make this an ongoing goal. As our household has become smaller, I have found it a challenge to buy and use up the right amounts of things. I don't need so many bulk items, but I still migrate to the bulk section. One of the things I did start to do was allow myself to buy a few more expensive fruit items - like 4 pears.
05. Start a new project. I decided what I wanted to do...does that count? Actually, I did a few new projects - like the apron my friend and I made for the 40th birthday present.
04. Laugh more. This is another goal I can carry forward.
03. Worry less. I can honestly say I worried less. Maybe that's because my memory isn't as good as it used to be.
02. Take more pictures. I certainly did more of that! With the advent of my 4$ camera, I took a lot of pictures. The problem is that when I uploaded them, I didn't know which ones to discard and which ones to keep - so there's a lot of random pictures on the computer - sometimes more than one of the same because I copied them to various files and forgot I already had them.
01. Take notice. Well I did take notice - but if I'd made this more specific, I think I might have noticed what I was noticing.
Things I enjoyed in 2011 - This is a different list than last year..for those of you who are keeping up with me..
Things I didn't want to do in 2011
11. Move. Nope. Didn't do that.
10. Sort through stuff. Well I had to do some of this, but I avoided it as much as I could. One of the things that took the longest was trying to find receipts for the sheep sales. I never did locate them. But the vendor had copies and looked them up for me. I just about crawled through the phone line to hug her, when she told me she'd found them.
09. Buy more sheep. Nope. Didn't do this. But we sold them all. Praise the Lord, and pass the ammunition. We might try again another time - once the fences are in better order - [did I mention my husband found an old boat under the blackberry bushes when he started pulling them out?]
08. Paint. I didn't do this either. Although I bought more paint. I was going to do that in this holiday, but then my #1 son came home, and I had an excuse not to paint.
07. Get caught up in things that don't matter. This would be in the category of 'ongoing' things to do.
06. Play mindgames. Played a few of these, sadly.
05. Buy useless gizmos. Busted! Fortunately, there weren't too many, and they didn't cost a whole lot. We sold the pop-up trailer, which, to us was a useless gizmo. Do I get points for that?
04. Waste resources. Hmmm...can't comment on this. I tried turning off lights as much as I could, and only did dishes when I had a full load...
03. Too much laundry. I think this one would have been a manageable idea, if I'd also put down 'wear less'. Actually, doing laundry isn't such a big deal anymore. There's not as many of us generating it.
02. Regret What did I think I was - inhuman??
01. Find out I worried about the wrong things. I can honestly say I didn't worry about as many things - but I don't know if I chose the wrong things to worry about. I tried to make them into prayer pieces when I thought about them...a person can't stop thinking ....
Things I wanted to do in 2011 and how it worked:
11. Go for more walks. Yes, I definitely went for more walks. It was one of my favourite things to do with my friends who came to visit. Especially since we have a dike to walk along, that makes you feel like you are walking inside of a postcard.
10. Get organized. Hmm..well, I'm not sure about this one. I have organized a lot of things. I think I should have been more specific. One of the differences between now and then, is that I have more of a feel for how to make things work here at The Pokeaway.
09. Make a difference. I think I made a difference. Especially at my work. Using music to connect with people, is an easy way to make a difference - even if it is just in giving people opportunities to have new and interesting experiences.
08. Keep track. I suppose the main way I kept track was by blogging. I have become more aware of being aware - stopping to enjoy the view rather than just passing through - and then passing it onto others -whether in picture mode, or verbal mode.
07. Give back. This is an area where I could always use a little more impetus.
06. Use up what's in the fridge. Hmmm...based on what I found in there tonight, I think I could make this an ongoing goal. As our household has become smaller, I have found it a challenge to buy and use up the right amounts of things. I don't need so many bulk items, but I still migrate to the bulk section. One of the things I did start to do was allow myself to buy a few more expensive fruit items - like 4 pears.
05. Start a new project. I decided what I wanted to do...does that count? Actually, I did a few new projects - like the apron my friend and I made for the 40th birthday present.
04. Laugh more. This is another goal I can carry forward.
03. Worry less. I can honestly say I worried less. Maybe that's because my memory isn't as good as it used to be.
02. Take more pictures. I certainly did more of that! With the advent of my 4$ camera, I took a lot of pictures. The problem is that when I uploaded them, I didn't know which ones to discard and which ones to keep - so there's a lot of random pictures on the computer - sometimes more than one of the same because I copied them to various files and forgot I already had them.
01. Take notice. Well I did take notice - but if I'd made this more specific, I think I might have noticed what I was noticing.
Things I enjoyed in 2011 - This is a different list than last year..for those of you who are keeping up with me..
11. Puppies
10. Sitting on the back deck in the evening.
09. Walking on a regular basis with a friend who I'd grown to love a long time ago.
08. Visits from and with family.
07. The P.V.R. and being able to watch my shows any old time I wanted
06. My job(s)
05. My pedestal drawers for the washing machine and dryer. I got SUUCCHHH a good deal on them and I just love opening them up and using them.
04. Getting deals on things for the house. My husband tells me I have to stop telling people "And see this???? We got it for such a deal (or even better...for free!!)" I may or may not comply.
03. Having time to be at home.
02. The Christmas lights my husband installed on the outside of the house - and the switch he installed so we can turn them on and off from inside the hall closet
01. Trips I took. It was really different to have the freedom to go on trips for the first time in several years.
Things I didn't want to do in 2011
11. Move. Nope. Didn't do that.
10. Sort through stuff. Well I had to do some of this, but I avoided it as much as I could. One of the things that took the longest was trying to find receipts for the sheep sales. I never did locate them. But the vendor had copies and looked them up for me. I just about crawled through the phone line to hug her, when she told me she'd found them.
09. Buy more sheep. Nope. Didn't do this. But we sold them all. Praise the Lord, and pass the ammunition. We might try again another time - once the fences are in better order - [did I mention my husband found an old boat under the blackberry bushes when he started pulling them out?]
08. Paint. I didn't do this either. Although I bought more paint. I was going to do that in this holiday, but then my #1 son came home, and I had an excuse not to paint.
07. Get caught up in things that don't matter. This would be in the category of 'ongoing' things to do.
06. Play mindgames. Played a few of these, sadly.
05. Buy useless gizmos. Busted! Fortunately, there weren't too many, and they didn't cost a whole lot. We sold the pop-up trailer, which, to us was a useless gizmo. Do I get points for that?
04. Waste resources. Hmmm...can't comment on this. I tried turning off lights as much as I could, and only did dishes when I had a full load...
03. Too much laundry. I think this one would have been a manageable idea, if I'd also put down 'wear less'. Actually, doing laundry isn't such a big deal anymore. There's not as many of us generating it.
02. Regret What did I think I was - inhuman??
01. Find out I worried about the wrong things. I can honestly say I didn't worry about as many things - but I don't know if I chose the wrong things to worry about. I tried to make them into prayer pieces when I thought about them...a person can't stop thinking ....
Comments