Lesson -not- Learned

Yesterday, I went to a friend's house to make Christmas cards. She was well set up for making cards. She had four samples on the wall. She had stamps, glue, and embossing powder. She had punches, scissors and double sided tape. She had all kinds of paper.
And the same thing happened to me that occurs whenever I go to do something crafty with a group of other people. I froze.
I tried to remedy it by choosing one stamp and using it for all my cards. I use the word "all" very loosely. I ended up making only four cards in the space of three hours. Everything I tried, went badly. My cards looked more like a small child had made them.
Still, I had fun. The comraderie of the group, and the laid back atmosphere was more than enough for me to feel like I had a nice afternoon out. I nodded when the hostess said that the next time, we would make birthday cards, and all occasion cards. It sounded good. (It helped that she sent me home with several of her better-made cards -they are the ones at the top of the post.) I`m not sure who I will end up inflicting my `better-than-a-kick-in-the-head-cards`on. People are not exactly lining up at the door for them...if you know what I mean.

Comments