Onward and..Where was I when last seen?
I have AAADD. [Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder]. There. I've said it. Things pass through my head with surprising alacrity. Like the impulse to reply to the email I just read. Sometimes I don't actually remember until the next month that I haven't done that yet. Or taking out the bills and looking at due dates. I have them all in one place. Isn't that good enough? Or phone messages. I blame that one on the machine. It just keeps taking them and I keep listening to them and then the light doesn't blink anymore and I forget about passing the message on. It should keep blinking until I have picked up the phone and replied to the person who was wondering if I would bring a casserole to the pot luck on Sunday...last April.
I never think "Oh I probably won't get to that", but that's what happens. In fact this is exactly what happened last night. I was sitting in front of the computer doing little bits of nothing, when my friend texted me to tell me that another friend was waiting on information I had promised her. Of course, as soon as I read the text, I remembered that I had put that on my list to do - and then forgot to do it, until her remote reminder arrived. I quickly texted back and said that I'd been working diligently on it...and then proceeded to do so. Only it took her getting after me to do that. One comfort is that she asked me to remind her about an upcoming appointment we both had just a couple of weeks ago, so I know it's not just me who is struggling with AAADD.
I'd like to say that was the only incidence that day, but unfortunately, I cannot lie. I also forgot to load the vehicle with the items I needed to deliver to work. I found a receipt I was supposed to give to a team member in my wallet this morning. I've had it for about three weeks. Yesterday, I vaguely remember heading out to look up something on the internet, only to find myself in the laundry room staring at the ironing I was planning to take care of last week.
So if, dear cyber reader, you have sent me any missives lately that I have not replied to, do not take it as a personal insult. Until I find a 'app' that will double as my brain, it may happen again....now ....where was I? Ah yes, I was going to take out the garbage.
I never think "Oh I probably won't get to that", but that's what happens. In fact this is exactly what happened last night. I was sitting in front of the computer doing little bits of nothing, when my friend texted me to tell me that another friend was waiting on information I had promised her. Of course, as soon as I read the text, I remembered that I had put that on my list to do - and then forgot to do it, until her remote reminder arrived. I quickly texted back and said that I'd been working diligently on it...and then proceeded to do so. Only it took her getting after me to do that. One comfort is that she asked me to remind her about an upcoming appointment we both had just a couple of weeks ago, so I know it's not just me who is struggling with AAADD.
I'd like to say that was the only incidence that day, but unfortunately, I cannot lie. I also forgot to load the vehicle with the items I needed to deliver to work. I found a receipt I was supposed to give to a team member in my wallet this morning. I've had it for about three weeks. Yesterday, I vaguely remember heading out to look up something on the internet, only to find myself in the laundry room staring at the ironing I was planning to take care of last week.
So if, dear cyber reader, you have sent me any missives lately that I have not replied to, do not take it as a personal insult. Until I find a 'app' that will double as my brain, it may happen again....now ....where was I? Ah yes, I was going to take out the garbage.
Comments