Small Treats

“One of the secrets of a happy life is continuous small treats.”― Iris Murdoch
Small treats do give me much pleasure. 

Last week, I went shopping, while waiting for the soccer player to finish his practice.  With the gift card I received for my birthday, and a 50% discount, I bought me some boots for my wardrobe. The last pair I had, were a full size too big for me. These fit me perfectly and I am actually looking forward to wearing skirts to show them off. Or maybe I'll pair them with jeans and swish into the room. I could put on my best pair of dress pants and sashay into work. So many options. It almost makes me want to go to bed early, so I can get up and put on my boots. 

I also went garage saleing. This is not an exact art. It requires an open mind, and no sense of direction. Fortunately, I excel in 'no sense of direction' and I'm pretty good at having an open mind - years of garage saleing has taught me that. It's best to have a running list, but no expectations. You never know what you might find.
I ended up going 20 km in the opposite direction than where I was intending to go.  I had become very frustrated, because all the garage sales I landed at either had nothing but high-priced junk ("I'm serious buddy -no one wants to pay 15$ for your old V.C.R.") or weren't actually holding their advertised sale. 

I was ready to go home, but thought I would go to just one more.  And that's where I found this end table.  The masking tape price
-
tag said $10.  I thought that was quite manageable so I made my way to the sellers.  She said "What does the price say?  $5?  "  I replied "Well, it says $10, but I'd be happier to pay $5"  and to my delight, she agreed.  So I made my way home with it, but not before making another detour to buy two lamps  which we had looked at several weeks before at a discount store.  I can't tell you how pleased I am to drive in the driveway and see the lamps peeking out.  Not to mention that it is lovely to have light in the living room.  That way I can see where I am dancing in my new boots.

Comments

Anonymous said…
The dancing Princess does it again!

D-0h

Popular posts from this blog

Wouldn't have missed it for the world

Freedom