Anniversary #1

In two days, my husband and I will celebrate our anniversary.  It seems like just a blink of an eye that we were driving toward our future in the car my husband had been restoring. What a ride it has been.  There is no way I could have predicted the twists and turns along the way. 

Now, lest I wax eloquent and become a little sappy, I will just share with you what we are going to do to celebrate this auspicious occasion.  He is taking me away to Whistler.  This is the first time I will see this world-class destination since I have lived in this beautiful province  It has become somewhat of a joke between us, that we have never gone there. I have suggested it more than once, but he is more inclined to head east.  So this weekend, we will be travelling the Sea-to-Sky highway, making our way to discover this beautiful place.

The first question is always, where to stay.  He wanted to know which hotel package I wanted.  A standard one?  A Romance package?  A Bike tour package?  Eventually we decided that I would do some research, since I had the time.  I also had a savings card with an offer to save 20% on one of the hotels in Whistler, if I booked using the code on the card.  Saving money  ALWAYS interests me.  So I researched it and booked it, and then got cold feet.  There seemed to be a lot of hidden charges. [ Like parking.]

I went back to web-surfing and landed on some site that had an intriguing possibility.  For a lot less money, you could book a hotel room - the catch is that you wouldn't know which hotel it was until you paid the money.  So we took a deep breath, and chose one of the packages at a 3.5 star hotel.  It is a suite with 500 sq. feet, a full kitchen ,and bathrobes (very important).  Then we paid, and waited to see what would happen.  What happened was that we were confirmed at the very same hotel, which was going to charge me 80$ more, with my 20% savings code!  YAY us! 


Well, more on this later.  I am off to pack for the trip.  I plan to take my 4$ camera and capture some memories as we celebrate 23 years of adventure together - I'm sure there will be some good stories to share soon.




Comments

c said…
Have a most wonderful time as you make yet more memories... xoxox C

Popular posts from this blog

Wouldn't have missed it for the world

Freedom