True Confessions #2
This card is from my daughter. I found it tonight when I was looking through a few things. I treasure it. As I look back on the years of mothering, there are many precious moments that I treasure. Some were touching; others were laugh-out-loud moments.
My Daughter:
My Daughter:
There was the moment when I was dissolving in a puddle of tears over the death of my mother-in-law. My three year old took my face in her hands and said "Now, look at me. Tell me. What's the problem?" I don't think she had any idea what a comfort she was to me in that moment.
Exercising with me, and the lady on the video said "Tighten your buttocks and pull your pelvic bones in", and she commented in a bored voice "Lady, we already know that."
Asks her brother if he thinks he looks cool with his hair brushed like that? "Well guess what - even though you don't look cool, God loves you."
When she heard "He's Got The Whole World In His Hands" on a tape we were listening to, she whispered "I didn't know He had stuff in His hands".
One day she was praying "Thank you God for healing my finger...and God, I have a picture for you and when it's heaven time, I'll bring it up to You."
Ever the pragmatic one, (and just a little controlling) she ripped her brother's paper by accident. He got upset and she looked at him and said "Well...that's the way life goes."
My # 1 Son:
I gave him a really bad haircut when he was four. I ended up having to shave his head, because the more I tried to even it up, the less even it looked. When I was finally finished, he took one look in the mirror and said emphatically "I. W.a.n.t. M.y. H.a.i.r. B.a.c.k."
When he was told he was going to go to his uncle's birthday party, he jumped for joy and exclaimed "This is the BEST day I've ever had!"
Coloring the Nativity scene, he splashed green all around for grass and them saw an empty space and colored it brown as he announced "This is Dust".
He came inside one day and emptied out his shoes on the floor - they were full of sand. I made him vacuum it up and as he did so he said "Come to Papa".
One day, the horn on my vehicle shorted out. The only time it would stop honking was if I put the clutch in. What was worse was that we were driving in a line of cars just coming out from the church parking lot. When it finally died, he said "Good. Now you have no horn to honk. Now you'll just have to yell at them and call them names."
On the last day of Grade Two, he whooped and hollered with excitement. By the end of the evening however, he was crying. "I will miss school. It will be so boring with nothing to hate."
My # 2 Son:
Heard me singing a lullaby to his baby niece. He came to me with tears in his eyes and said "Can I tell you somepin? - I like your singing."
I asked him if he was looking forward to school and he said "Well I am, and I'm not. It's going to be Work, Work, Work."
One night at family devotions, we waited for our #1 son to stop fooling around, and answer the question. His Dad lectures the boy and says "We are going to wait patiently for your answer. Now hurry up." Our precious boy turns to his Dad and says "That's not patient, when you say hurry up."
I used to volunteer in his classroom every once in a while. One day he turned to his classmates and said "Don't you just Love my Mom?"
One night he is asked to pray. He said "Help Mom grow up".
Each of my kids has added to the fabric of my life. Even though it is the hardest job in the world, I would not trade the precious moments in for anything. Thanks kids for helping this mom grow up (a little).


Comments