Yes, Sir, Yes, Sir, Three (or Ten) Bags Full

One of the things the shearer required was ten large garbage bags in which to put the wool. I am not a spinner. So I have no need of it. I decided to advertise it on Craigslist. It has been entertaining. I put it on the "Free" list. Apparently, a lot of people read the Free list. It was great fun reading all the responses: [ My thoughts in italics]
Hi there, Just checking to see if you still have the wool? We have a weaving group that would be interested in having it cleaned and processing for traditional weaving.
Hi.. do you still have the wool from your sheep to give away? do you know what breed your sheep are? Yep. They are (were) woolly sheep.
I am with the Local Spinners and weavers and would be interested.Please call me back. - OK, but wouldn't it be easier if you left a phone number?
i would love to take that wool off your hands! when and where? I don't have wool on my hands...I think...
will call in the morning. Al can pick it up just after 4. he works till then...So far, no phone call.
Hey there! Can you drop a bag of in [insert city name] ? Sort of a half-hearted request. Don't think my boyfriend would want to help there! My husband thinks this is a great idea, but we will be charging 50$ for delivery.
I was wondering if it would be good to stuff a dogs bed??Is it relatively clean? Well, no, it's not clean and I don't know about a dog's bed, but the lambs sure liked it.
It is amazing how much fun free can be. The outcome will be decided tomorrow. I have a lady who promised she would come and pick it all up. Ifshe doesn't show, I will contact the man who said he had a 'thingie' to do whatever it was that needed to be done to the wool. Finally, someone who knows as much as I do about these things!
Comments