All in a day's work
Today was the last day of my spring vacation. I made a little plan. I had about 12 things on the list. Now it is the end of the day, and there are still 8 things on my list. I love days like this,when everything gets put on hold, because there are more interesting things that happen. Now that I have your attention...Here's some of the things that happened today:
As I was sitting at the computer, trying to figure out exactly what all the new buttons meant, the phone rang. It was some friends who live out of province. They were in town for the week and wondered if I had time to get together with them. Of course!!! So I met them at a local Timmies and we enjoyed a wonderful visit over the lunch hour.
I left them, and crossed off a few things off my list. There's a big birthday party at the end of the week and we are supposed to dress like hippies. I had fun trying to find a skirt that would look like I was from a different era. I sort of sidelined and found a really cute sweater too.

Then I picked up my son and we hung out for a little while, getting haircuts, and the like. When we returned home, we found Kola in labour. Everyone else went to the soccer game. They left me all by myself to play midwife. While I was waiting, I went outside and planted a few plants at the front, by the new patio. This pleased my soul tremendously. Looking at the picture, I realize they look like dandelions, but they are really marigolds and pansies. Here's an extra one of the my husband's handiwork around the water hydrant. They are his birthday present.
Kola has had two puppies (at last count). They are both alive and well. I guess I won't be fired as a midwife afterall. It's all in a day's work.
Tomorrow, I return to work. And I will get paid for it. It's all good.
If you would like to check it out, it is at
http://integritydesign.wordpress.com/ Keep in mind, it is in the baby stages. I am not familiar with Wordpress and so it's going to take me time to figure out the nuances. This is a new venture for me, and one that I am quite excited about. He wants to get his website up and running, and this blog will be part of what he offers on the website. We are still deciding about other techno-options. As I was sitting at the computer, trying to figure out exactly what all the new buttons meant, the phone rang. It was some friends who live out of province. They were in town for the week and wondered if I had time to get together with them. Of course!!! So I met them at a local Timmies and we enjoyed a wonderful visit over the lunch hour.
I left them, and crossed off a few things off my list. There's a big birthday party at the end of the week and we are supposed to dress like hippies. I had fun trying to find a skirt that would look like I was from a different era. I sort of sidelined and found a really cute sweater too.
Kola has had two puppies (at last count). They are both alive and well. I guess I won't be fired as a midwife afterall. It's all in a day's work.
Tomorrow, I return to work. And I will get paid for it. It's all good.

Comments