There's No Reason For It - It's just our policy

All right already. I'm a little steamed. I got a notice from my employer saying I have to get a Criminal Record Check. It will be my expense and will
come off my paycheque. No reimbursement.

Not wanting to reinvent the wheel, I phone the contact man up and ask if I can submit the Criminal Record Check I had done last year when I started my other job. He said no. When I questioned him further, he said that the information on this one was different than the one I had done last year. So I pressed further and asked what information they would be looking for. He said "This one will have information about working with children under nineteen, and frail adults." I told him that is the same type of check I had done last year, and he said "Well, there's other information as well." So I asked him what other information would be required that would be different. Well, he couldn't tell me, but he was sure it was different.

R.e.a.l.l.y.? I was stunned at his absolute insistence about something he clearly didn't have the knowledge to affirm.

I asked for another number to call. He was nice enough to tell me to call back if he could help me further. Yeah. I'll be sure to do that..

GGGRRRRR. I'm am now going to work off some steam by cleaning the windows. At this rate, they will sparkle.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wouldn't have missed it for the world

Freedom