I don't know why, but this winter seems to have been a very long one. Maybe it is because we moved to The Pokeaway just as it was settling in. And there were several big storms - not as much snow as they promised, but the wind! oh the wind! Add to this, getting used to how the house sounds and acts when these storms hit, and it made for quite a few sleep-deprived nights.
In early March, I suddenly realized that the cherry tree was beginning to show signs of hope. The little blossoms appeared in their initial dark pink state. Each day I watched the progress. It is the second year I have watched the transformation. But last year, I watched from a different vantage point.
Back then, when we were in the middle of all the destruction and reconstruction, I imagined myself standing on the landing of the stairs, looking out the window and seeing the tree. This morning, was the culmination of that dream
Comments