Valentine's Day 2011

I had a most excellent Valentine's Day. I always look forward to it. The anticipation of being "St. Valentine's helper" fuels me through all the basic routines of work and home.
So how did I spend the day, you ask? I'm so glad you did, because I would love to tell you. First of all, I met my mother-in-law halfway to work, and we carpooled. This was very special, because it was like 'the good old days' when we would carpool to a shared workplace. I dropped her off, and because I was that much early for my own work, I went through the drivethrough and treated myself to a muffin and coffee. It was such good coffee. And it powered me through the morning, which turned out to be extra busy with the sessions I had planned.
Then about three quarters through the morning, my husband called to see if I was free for lunch. I cleared my schedule (didn't take much) and said "Of course". We met for lunch and enjoyed 45 minutes of 'us' time. And that powered me through the afternoon sessions - one of which was a Valentine's party - where I did the program, and the other gal served the ice cream and cake. The other was an 'after party' where I did a combination of Musical Hangman, and singing good old fashioned love songs along with the residents. Several of them offered me their candy roses as a kindness to me.

Then I returned home where I prepared the evening meal - o.k. true confessions - I didn't make the meal. We ordered in Chinese food, my husband picked it up, and I put it in bowls. I had fun making the little goodie bags and decorating the table in a festive manner. And dessert was compliments of my daughter's boyfriend. No need to throw flour in my face at all.

And then we relaxed the evening away.


I loved Valentine's Day 2011! Can't wait 'til next year!
P.S. My husband not only took me out for lunch, but he brought me this plant home. It has a hosta in it, which can be planted outdoors, once the sheep are corralled and not able to snack on it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wouldn't have missed it for the world

Freedom