Treasure Hunt
I was going through one of my music closets the other day, and ran across a journal. It had been given to me by a friend from work. I had decided to use it to keep track of the funny things my piano students said. I read through it and and started chuckling. I am so glad I decided to keep it. I had forgotten many of the things that were in it.
Like these:
Me: "That's the funniest thing I have ever heard!"
Student: "What's the second funniest thing?"
Me: "What's on the next page?"
Student: "The next song."
Me: "The next song is about a Pterodactyl. That's one animal you wouldn't want to invite to your Spelling test on Mondays"
Student: "Why?"
Me: "Because it is very hard to spell Pterodactyl."
Student: "Our spelling tests are on Fridays, anyways."
Me: "What does this sign mean?"
Student: "Oh, that's a coffee break".
At least he remembered what I'd said the week before about what it meant when there is a rest in music.
Like these:
Me: "That's the funniest thing I have ever heard!"
Student: "What's the second funniest thing?"
Me: "What's on the next page?"
Student: "The next song."
Me: "The next song is about a Pterodactyl. That's one animal you wouldn't want to invite to your Spelling test on Mondays"
Student: "Why?"

Me: "Because it is very hard to spell Pterodactyl."
Student: "Our spelling tests are on Fridays, anyways."
Me: "What does this sign mean?"
Student: "Oh, that's a coffee break".
At least he remembered what I'd said the week before about what it meant when there is a rest in music.
I'm sure any other piano teacher he's had since, wouldn't know what he meant when he called a quarter rest a coffee break.
I think I am going to keep this journal for future additions. It is worth its weight in gold.
I think I am going to keep this journal for future additions. It is worth its weight in gold.

Comments
thanks for the early morning chuckle.
c