A +Stuck- in- the-Mire+ Post


After my last post, I have come up empty for blog material. I know, that might be a first. Still, I want to write about something, so I enlisted some help. I copied some ideas from one of these sites that gives you questions to answer when you have nothing else to do. For lack of better material, I am answering them. One day, soon, I may have a 'real post'.


First thought when I wake up - hmmm...which time? I tend to wake up often in the night, and have to talk myself into going back to sleep. My best sleeps are in the afternoon. I can fall into the most lovely-dreamless-heavy- remember-nothing-but-rub-my-eyes-and-wonder-what-time-it-is sleeps in the afternoon. Not that I do it that often, but if I do, I feel like I have indulged myself in the most delicious way.

Last thought before I fall asleep - "I sure hope I get a good sleep tonight." and then a prayer: "Dear God, please, could you just allow me to have a good sleep?" then, " I need to relax! Relax already. Oh come on." then"....o.k. maybe I'll just turn over on my other side. No that's not good either. My poor husband. I know I am being extra restless." then "What is the Trick to falling asleep?" then, "If only I could warm up/cool down.On and on. Then I resort to deep breathing, thinking "Maybe if I just pretend I am in a heavy sleep, my body will be faked into believing that I am asleep." Then I count backwards from 300. I heard somewhere that this works, and I have to say, I`ve never gotten to the end of this counting. Aren't you glad you asked? Oh wait, you didn't.

Bad habits which drive me crazy I can't stand repetitive motions. Things like someone wiggling their leg up and down, or trying to pull out a chin hair, can distract me so much that I lose concentration on anything else in the room.

Three of my best personality traits


  1. I am extremely loyal. This is also my Achilles heel. (if you want a true moment of honesty).

  2. I can sing a song for pretty much any situation which happens. This is because over the years, I have filed hundreds of songs into my little brain. Like this morning, when my boss was giving me a hard time about doing something she had just done. She said "You just want to be like me", and I sang "I wanna be like you hoo hoo" which is a line from the Disney movie Jungle Book.

  3. I am good at remembering names of people. Not always correctly.


Something I would change about myself if I could: My inability to add and subtract quickly and accurately in my head. I am forever standing in line trying to figure out how much my grocery order will be and how much change I should expect, and if I have been shortchanged, then I am usually in the vehicle, on my way home, before I figure it out.


Personality traits I like: People who are even-tempered. Optimism. Sense of humour. People who treat others with respect and dignity. People who see the person inside of someone who has dementia. Compassion. Self containment.


Personality traits I dislike in other people: People who don`t want to learn. Excessive laziness. Self indulgence. I could go on, but I won`t. Let`s keep it positive, shall we!

If I could live anywhere in the world, I would live right where I am. Except, I would love to have a way to drop in on people whom I love deeply, but live a long ways away.


If I could visit anywhere in the world, I would go - well, I went to Australia and New Zealand, and that was a dream of mine. I wouldn`t mind going to somewhere else that has white sand, but isn`t in political turmoil. Sort of narrows the field, doesn`t it.


Five goals on my life's to-do list:


  1. To get a degree.

  2. To learn how to arrange flowers.

  3. To have a change of career (self-supporting) before I am too old to make money anymore.

  4. To be published.

  5. To be in the best physical condition of my life. I put that one in there, as a nod to a long-standing joke we have with good friends of ours. We went on a camping trip and around the campfire one night, we got talking about setting our goals for the year and our friend said his goal was`To be in the best physical condition of my life.`and we all promptly fell over laughing, because we were in the middle of eating a whack of junk food.

A regret I have: That I didn`t re-register for Art Nine in high school. I registered for Art Ten without realizing my mistake and then had to drop it because I hadn`t taken Art Nine. I think I took another round of typing instead. As a result, I am in an on-going state of frustration over the fact that I cannot draw things that I can see in my head. I had to tell my children what I was drawing when they were growing up.


Something I miss about being a kid: Not having to pay bills.


One thing I love about being an adult: I can have chocolate for breakfast and no one can tell me not to.


My favorite thing to do on a Saturday night: Get into my jammies and watch a movie, or blog, or talk on the phone.


My favorite thing to do on a Sunday afternoon: Nap (see above)


Well, that wasn`t so bad.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wouldn't have missed it for the world

Freedom