Fast Away, the Old Year Passes

As the end of the year approaches, I find myself looking back through the kaleidoscope of activities, new experiences, the peaks and the valleys, and trying to define what it is that the year of 2010 meant.

Some of it defies recognition. Until you slow down a little and see it for what it was, such as enjoying the decorations of the house on the corner..

Some of it was grabbing what was given to me at the moment and trying to soak it in like a sponge because the moment was fleeting, such as seeing this sunrise on my way to work that morning.



Some of it was going through the storm, and learning to trust that there would be a rainbow.


A year ago, we had not begun taking the roof off The Pokeaway. We were anticipating what might be ahead, but really had no idea of what we were about to encounter. It still looked like this:

Morphing it into our own place has been a process, which has been all at once pleasing, painful, and productive.
No windows. No doors. Half a roof: Praying that the rains would stop.


Becoming more homey: Carpeting to boot!


Decorating for Christmas: Didn't think I'd be doing that~

It has been a bigger adventure than I had ever thought I could take on. And there are more lessons than I can identify in one little blog post. However, I can say with certainty, that it is lovely to turn in the driveway, knowing that we have come

Comments

..c said…
indeed....be it ever so humble.

Welcome Home!
Anonymous said…
It has been a big year for you! You are my hero!
Hugs,
JC

Popular posts from this blog

Wouldn't have missed it for the world

Freedom