Virtual Casserole

A little while ago, a friend of mine, who lives far far away, shared that her husband was going in for surgery. I always wish I could make the miles shorter, when I hear news like that. If they lived closer, I would be able to do something useful, but I know it doesn't work that way. To express support, I told her I was dropping by with a virtual casserole.
To my surprise, her husband loved the casserole and asked for the recipe. So I made one up and am sharing it with you :)
Virtual Casserole:
Ingredients:
To my surprise, her husband loved the casserole and asked for the recipe. So I made one up and am sharing it with you :)
Virtual Casserole:
Ingredients:
2 Pounds Friendly Concern
1/2 Cup Internet Connection (may substitute Phone Connection, if easier to access)
1 Teaspoon Salt (may use tears to collect)
2 Tablespoons Advice (minced)
1/2 Teaspoon Reponse (fast-acting)
1 Cup Cream Of "Praying for you"
1 Pinch Shared Experience
Take the friendly concern and fast acting response and add it to the internet connection. Mix thoroughly.
In another small bowl, mix salt, and advice. Use these sparingly. Too much of either and the recipe will no longer be about your friend. It will be about your own situation, which leaves a bad taste in the mouth of the people to whom you are showing support.
1/2 Cup Internet Connection (may substitute Phone Connection, if easier to access)
1 Teaspoon Salt (may use tears to collect)
2 Tablespoons Advice (minced)
1/2 Teaspoon Reponse (fast-acting)
1 Cup Cream Of "Praying for you"
1 Pinch Shared Experience
Take the friendly concern and fast acting response and add it to the internet connection. Mix thoroughly.
In another small bowl, mix salt, and advice. Use these sparingly. Too much of either and the recipe will no longer be about your friend. It will be about your own situation, which leaves a bad taste in the mouth of the people to whom you are showing support.
Finally, combine cream of praying for you and the pinch of shared experience in a small, heavy saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring frequently until a golden brown.
Add other ingredients and mix thoroughly. Pour into the casserole dish, and take a cyber-walk to your friend's place to deliver.
Add other ingredients and mix thoroughly. Pour into the casserole dish, and take a cyber-walk to your friend's place to deliver.
Comments
I enjoyed it right down to the last taste!
Best part ever, there was no dishes to clean up.
Better market that cookware!!
;-)
Joy