Snowmen come out to play.

Certain things have to happen at certain times of the year. That's my husband's way. Otherwise he gets confused. This was the weekend of the lights. He told me to make sure I retrieved the outside lights, so he could put them up.
In the meantime, I found a lot of other things which brought me joy and happiness. Like the snowmen. I tried to be careful not to overdo it. But there was so much to choose from and they all looked so happy and content to be brought out of hiding after so many months in storage.
I lined up this family on the stairs

so they could greet anyone venturing up to check emails, or have a shower, or enjoy the warmth of the electric heat in the bedrooms.

And then I put these guys in the kitchen, to help keep watch over the countdown and to keep our food tasty with salt and pepper....

There are only so many places to put things in the house, at the moment, so I had to be a little choosy. So many of the snowmen have been gifts from special people. My second sister in particular has added many to my snowmen family - everything from wall hangings, to stuffies, to musical ones... and they can't all come out to play at the moment. So I had to make promises to the ones who weren't able to join me this year, that next year for sure, I'd have some end tables, or shelves for them to greet the world. This little guy would hear nothing of not being able to celebrate with me until next year. He begged and begged to be let out, so I made space for him in the powder room.

I admit. It's one of my all-time favorites. My daughter gave it to me several years ago. And ain't it the truth! (Sorry to all those English teachers out there).

Comments

Anonymous said…
those little guys sure do look happy! and your house looks so homey! enjoying your blogs :)
JC
c said…
Likewise.
Yesterday must have been National Decorating Day!
xo
c

Popular posts from this blog

Wouldn't have missed it for the world

Freedom