Moving on Up
How very decadent we have become! My husband hooked up a laundry tub, so I no longer have to wash dishes in the bathroom sink. And he hooked up the portable dishwasher, so I can stack it up with all the bits and pieces we collect over the day, so the kitchen stays more tidy.
We are enjoying the process of putting our house together. In some ways, it feels like we are newlyweds again. We have a little of this, (kitchen supplies) and not a whole lot of that (heating). So it calls us to be creative with what we have, so we can make life work.
It almost inspires me to put out decorations on the stack of drywall that is pretending to be a coffee table. Maybe I'll have to take the door that is waiting to be installed off of it first.
Not only that, but he finished off the upstairs shower a couple of weeks ago, so we are no longer showering in saran wrap.
I took the picture at a funny angle, so it makes it look crooked. But it's not. And look how clever he was to put the 'on' handle where you can reach in and turn it on, but not get showered with cold water! Not only that, but he hung the handles on the doors, so we can put a towel on the outside one. I'm so impressed.
Today, he plans to put the baseboards on in the upstairs bathroom, so the toilet can go back on. Then we will have the choice of two toilets when nature calls.
When it is installed, the person in the downstairs bathroom can read his magazine to his heart's content without interruption from someone more desperate than he.
Last week, my husband hung pictures for me. Yay! Now I can look at my beautiful daughter every night when we have tea on our new (to us) Futon.
And my Grampa's picture is up in the dining room.
It's amazing how little touches make the shell come out of the house.
We are enjoying the process of putting our house together. In some ways, it feels like we are newlyweds again. We have a little of this, (kitchen supplies) and not a whole lot of that (heating). So it calls us to be creative with what we have, so we can make life work.
This morning he asked me if I would dig out the Christmas lights. He wants to put them up outside. We haven't had Christmas lights for a couple of years. It will be such fun to drive into the driveway and see how neighbourly the house looks.
It almost inspires me to put out decorations on the stack of drywall that is pretending to be a coffee table. Maybe I'll have to take the door that is waiting to be installed off of it first.

Comments