BL2 Ah2 BL(II) AH1 BL2 Ah2 -Chemistry for Dummies

Although I haven't had my 3,7-dihydro-1,3,7-trimethyl-1H-purine-2,6-dione today, the sodium hypochlorite, and the sodium carbonate are hard at work getting me ready for what I need to accomplish.

How can you tell I sat with my #2 son last night, while he worked out all sorts of fomulae for chemical compounds in preparation for his test today.
It took me back a few years to my foray into the world of chemistry. I remember very little about that class except that my teacher Mr Chong was very passionate about all things molecular. And he had a very long fingernail on his baby finger. which I found very distracting. I took Gr. 12 Chemistry and worked very hard at it; I think I ended up with either a C+ or a B- (aren't they the same thing?). In the end, I decided I wouldn't be a chemical engineer, and my chemistry days ended in the second row of Mr Chong's chemistry lab.

Last night, however, I had fun watching my son work through multivalent, binary and polyatomic compounds, since I didn't have to write the test today. And besides, what's not to love about polyatomic compounds at 10:30 at night? My role was to listen while he worked out the details. And to try and find the name of the Ion before he did - to make it a little competitive. I was as lost as I had been in Grade 12. But he seemed to know what he was doing, as he alternated between lying on the floor and looking at the ceiling while he worked out the formulae, and sitting on the hardest chair possible to write it all out.

I would be doing more active research on this topic, but I hear the dryer has finished the laundry (which is what I needed the sodium hypochlorite [bleach], and the sodium carbonate [washing soda]for). So I will pick up my 3,7-dihydro-1,3,7-trimethyl-1H-purine-2,6-dione at the local Timmies, and I'm off to a day of painting. I hope that there's enough calcium carbonate, mica, silica, talc, Titanium oxide, lead , acrylics, and polyurethanes in it to make the paint stick to the wall. I don't want to have to do mutiple coats.

Comments

Ton pere said…
Whatever the formula for humour, you've got it

Bully for you. You are my hero

Comme toujours
Ton pere

Popular posts from this blog

Wouldn't have missed it for the world

Freedom