Where 'The Road Less Travelled" Led


We start by stopping for ice cream. It's our little tradition. We don't mention it on the way up. But on the way back, when we have safely delivered the working boy to camp, one of us says: "Are we stopping for ice cream?" and the other responds with a smile of acknowledgment that the thought had already crossed their mind.

There are two places from which to choose. We always go to the one on the left. My husband's choice. He likes tradition and it just wouldn't be the same if we turned right. He always asks for the same flavour - Chocolate Chip Mint. I like to experiment. Within reason. I'm not interested in Green Tea Ice cream. And I don't want Bubblegum either. However, Tiger is high on the list and something Chocolately is not far behind.

Afterward, and since we have no kids and no place we have to be, we meander home through the back roads. We comment on houses we like. Barn colours which don't fit. And the unusual crops people are putting in. Today, we saw potatoes, carrots and corn on one large acreage. There was also a gladiolus farm. And many, many blueberry farms.

Today, my husband thought of having a BBQ. We haven't had one yet this year because of so many other things on our minds. But the sun was shining, and the breeze was beckoning us to The Pokeaway; so we picked up some groceries and headed out there. Once we arrived, we ventured to one of the storage rooms and rummaged around to bring out the table, chairs, BBQ, and picnic supplies. I was most impressed with my ability to find things. This was because I had just gone through this room yesterday, to try and make a pathway through all the boxes, computer monitors, and leftover soccer equipment. I even knew where the table cloth was! [ I know! ME TOO!. ]

Our BBQ was enhanced by a phone call from my daughter. She said she was free for dinner, and came and joined us at the back deck for food and wonderful conversation. It was leisurely affair, followed by a tour from her dad around the place to show her all the ideas he had for every nook and cranny.

After securing the sheep one more time [ more successful this time, I hope ] we took the party back to the condo for the rest of the evening. It was a wonderful end to the weekend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wouldn't have missed it for the world

Freedom