Not Exactly As Shown
On the weekend, I was on a roll. First of all, no-one, and I mean no-one, wanted to move the loveseat and rocker which we had brought with us. They had served us well, but it was time to move on. Secondly, the time for moving is looming, and we need to have some things in place in order to survive. One of these would be a place to bathe.
We had decided to put in a shower unit upstairs. Although we found and loved one which looked something like this, we weren't quite sure what our budget would allow.

So I went on a personal mission to find out what a good second-hand shower unit would cost. I went to several places which had such items. Prices varied, but I felt like I had a better idea what was out there, and so went home to discuss it with my husband. He nodded when I told him the information, and that was about it.
Until Saturday.
I went on a classified ad site, and found a 'corner shower unit', that was much less than what I had seen. Not only that, it came with some of the accessories which we would have had to add. I showed it to my husband, and he said I should contact them. Long story short, my daughter and I looked at it, and negotiated an even lower price. We paid cash and said we would come back soon to pick it up.
Meanwhile, since I had been cruising the classified site, I decided on a whim to advertise the loveseat and rocker, and the chair which we had also decided to get rid of. It was this shape, but not this colour.

Within a hour, someone had contacted me about the set, and came and picked it up. I threw in the chair for free. And now, we didn't have to move any of it. I was very happy. But I felt I should call my husband and give him the heads up that he had nowhere to sit.
Last night, he and I ventured out to pick up the shower unit. Our plan was to put it into the bathroom right away, so the plumber would know which way to plumb.
We made it about a third of the way, when we heard the explosion. The door shattered into a kazillion pieces. There was nothing to do, but finish the trip home. We were understandably upset.

Now we have nowhere to sit, and nowhere to shower. Imagine what the neighbours will think when we run around in the sprinkler to get clean, and then sit in our lawn chairs to dry off.
We had decided to put in a shower unit upstairs. Although we found and loved one which looked something like this, we weren't quite sure what our budget would allow.

So I went on a personal mission to find out what a good second-hand shower unit would cost. I went to several places which had such items. Prices varied, but I felt like I had a better idea what was out there, and so went home to discuss it with my husband. He nodded when I told him the information, and that was about it.
Until Saturday.
I went on a classified ad site, and found a 'corner shower unit', that was much less than what I had seen. Not only that, it came with some of the accessories which we would have had to add. I showed it to my husband, and he said I should contact them. Long story short, my daughter and I looked at it, and negotiated an even lower price. We paid cash and said we would come back soon to pick it up.
Meanwhile, since I had been cruising the classified site, I decided on a whim to advertise the loveseat and rocker, and the chair which we had also decided to get rid of. It was this shape, but not this colour.

Within a hour, someone had contacted me about the set, and came and picked it up. I threw in the chair for free. And now, we didn't have to move any of it. I was very happy. But I felt I should call my husband and give him the heads up that he had nowhere to sit.
Last night, he and I ventured out to pick up the shower unit. Our plan was to put it into the bathroom right away, so the plumber would know which way to plumb.
We made it about a third of the way, when we heard the explosion. The door shattered into a kazillion pieces. There was nothing to do, but finish the trip home. We were understandably upset.

Now we have nowhere to sit, and nowhere to shower. Imagine what the neighbours will think when we run around in the sprinkler to get clean, and then sit in our lawn chairs to dry off.
Comments