Deadlines
We gave notice. Come what may, the end of July will find us at The Pokeaway full-time. In reality, there isn't as much to move, since we took 'the basics' when we came to the condo, and put the rest in storage. Still, when I look around, I see the bits and pieces of things which we've done to 'manage' being here, and wonder how it will all come together, once we begin to pack in earnest.
I have wondered too, what in the world we've got in storage. After a while, when you live with only what you absolutely can't imagine living without, there's a sense of freedom in not being tied down by having to dust all that 'stuff'. Part of me wants never to have to look at the things we packed up. There are very few things in storage which I have wished I had in these past eight months of temporary living.
Still, I'm sure that once the dust settles (in about two years), it will be a little like Christmas at our place. "Right!! I forgot about that!" "Oh Yeah! I'm going to have to find a special spot for this!".
Another factor is the complete change of configuration of rooms available, and available space. There are less rooms for us to fill, and they are smaller than at the farm. We will have to be smart about making them look roomy.
Not only that, but The Pokeaway will be in a state of transition for months to come, so we will have to bring things out in stages. For instance, our second dining table is going to make a wonderful counter in the kitchen, until we can get the cupboards. And I'm going to buy stocks in Rubbermaid because I will be using their boxes extensively to keep me organized.
Last night, we made the first trip of moving by bringing the dining room chairs with us. They are sitting just inside the front door, to welcome our guests for a dinner date. Who wants to be first? [Bring hammers, and plumbing supplies!]
I have wondered too, what in the world we've got in storage. After a while, when you live with only what you absolutely can't imagine living without, there's a sense of freedom in not being tied down by having to dust all that 'stuff'. Part of me wants never to have to look at the things we packed up. There are very few things in storage which I have wished I had in these past eight months of temporary living.
Still, I'm sure that once the dust settles (in about two years), it will be a little like Christmas at our place. "Right!! I forgot about that!" "Oh Yeah! I'm going to have to find a special spot for this!".
Another factor is the complete change of configuration of rooms available, and available space. There are less rooms for us to fill, and they are smaller than at the farm. We will have to be smart about making them look roomy.
Not only that, but The Pokeaway will be in a state of transition for months to come, so we will have to bring things out in stages. For instance, our second dining table is going to make a wonderful counter in the kitchen, until we can get the cupboards. And I'm going to buy stocks in Rubbermaid because I will be using their boxes extensively to keep me organized.
Last night, we made the first trip of moving by bringing the dining room chairs with us. They are sitting just inside the front door, to welcome our guests for a dinner date. Who wants to be first? [Bring hammers, and plumbing supplies!]
Comments